Renewable Energy Industries
Tackling renewable energy challenges demands the right resources … add Optimation experts to you team. Optimation offers services for development and deployment of renewable energy resources.
We offer our clients flexibility – to solve problems, test new process techniques, evaluate efficiencies and alternatives, and characterize, quantify and successfully implement capital projects.
Project resources include our fabrication facility and 5,000 square foot development lab. For over 30 years, Optimation has proven success in facilitating the use of leading-edge technology for our clients.
Optimation is unique in its ability to provide design and fabrication services from the conceptual stage of a product or process, through prototyping, and finally to full production scale operation. Clients have a single source for seamless, cost effective and timely completion of their renewable energy and energy reduction projects.
Alternative Fuel Processes
Optimation has been actively involved in the design and construction of cellulose-based ethanol development and production systems. Our depth of chemical engineering and process automation skills coupled with our fabrication facilities and plant construction experience makes us a natural partner as new feed stocks or enzymes are investigated and plant upgrades and modifications are required.
Biofuel Development and Production Project
Optimation helped with breakthrough improvements to process to enable production of ethanol without enzymes.
- Contributed from functional specification through implementation, testing and process deployment
- Fast-track design / installation approach and expert trades experience with sanitary piping were key aspects to the success of the project
- Optimized control of ingredient additions
- Increased reliability and repeatability
- Resulted in lower costs, higher speed, less complexity with higher quality
Solar Cell Production Processes
Roll-to-roll processing for production of solar cells is a developing technology which promises to dramatically reduce the cost of traditional semiconductor manufacturing methods. Optimation’s media conveyance facility (MCF), along with Optimation’s web coating, handling and converting experience, provides clients with an ideal development and prototyping partner. We can work with clients to design and implement large scale, low cost, manufacturing facilities for their solar energy products.
- Multiple thin layer (up to 12 layers per side) coating equipment and process expertise
- Consistent coated web drying profiles
- Web base MD and TD thickness variability minimization
- Web tension, conveyance, knurling, winding and slitting optimization
- Consistent roll-to-roll oriented web crystalinity/DSC, curl, planarity and shrinkage.
- Defects detection, tracking and elimination (Internal and surface)
- Sanitary coated solution making and delivery system expertise, including precious metals and trace element additions.