Chemical engineers are more versatile than you might think. If you manufacture products in the chemical, energy, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, or oil & gas industry, you could benefit from a chemical engineer’s expertise. Chemical Process Engineers provide experience in process design, process safety including 29CFR 1910.119 and NFPA, development and scale up, manufacturing, and installation/start-up for industrial clients. Our engineers are experts in both continuous and batch processes with a strong legacy of providing effective solutions to complex problems and projects.
Batch Chemical Process
Batch process is more than recipe management; it requires extensive process knowledge and expertise plus an understanding of chemistry and chemical interactions to ensure product quality and repeatability. Optimation’s batch experts draw on decades of experience in process engineering, applying prior art and tested methods to solving new and current.
Our chemical batch process experts will work with you to determine your particular process design parameters and constraints, seamlessly integrating the new design with your existing production process. Our goal is to solve your specific problem, and we invite you to Work with us for process analysis that is aimed at revealing improvements and equipment upgrades for more profitability.
Grow your business by collaborating with our team to scale up your existing processes to add capacity, driving down utilities and maintenance costs to improve efficiency and profitability.
Delivery and Recovery Systems
Optimation has a proven record of designing and building chemical delivery and recovery systems for a wide variety of industries, from solvent recovery for a reactor at a plastics manufacturing plant to batch dispersion delivery systems for film production.
- Batch fluid delivery system comprising pumps, micro filtration, control valves and instrumentation for thin film photoconductor lines
- Cellulose triacetate handling/manufacturing/filtration/delivery and solution making/delivery of liquid product to the casting operation at a machine for LCD sheet film
- Chemical prep and delivery system
- Emulsion delivery system utilizing positive displacement pumps
- Polyester recovery
- Slurry recovery/Slurry Piping System Design
- Solvent recovery, including acetate and methane
- Trouble-shoot and design remediation for delivery problems of medium viscosity materials to bottle-filling lines
- Waste heat recovery for high energy usage facilities utilizing heat for recuperation and reclaim systems
Chemical Process Piping
- Knowledge of piping materials selection for your chemistry
- Selection of optimal pipe joining techniques
- 3D rendering for pipe routing
- Pipe specifications determined based on needed working pressures and flows
- Ability to incorporate cleaning technologies (for example, CIP)
- Incorporation of controls elements (valves, flow controls, pressure regulators, gauges, sensors) to match your process conditions
- Sanitary considerations in pipe construction and components
- Design for Manufacturability
Chemical Skid Systems
Turnkey skid systems by Optimation … engineering, design, fabrication, installation, controls and maintenance of skid systems for any industry.
- Batch make skids embody a variety of batch make needs, including component additions, mixing, temperature cycling, filtration, pumping/delivery, etc.
- Clean in Place Skids (CIP Skids) are provided to clients who need cleaning solutions (for example, soaps, bleaches, biocides, etc.) to be mixed, treated (e.g. heated, pH balanced, filtered, etc.) and then delivered to the process at controlled flows and pressures to provide cleaning functionality.
- Coating skids, a subset of dispensing skids, where solutions are treated and delivered to a coating operation. These types of skids may include very precise flow and pressure control, filtration, temperature control, filtration, de-aeration, etc.
- Dispensing skids designed to pump solvents at controlled rates to batch or continuous chemical processes. Can include value added functions, like temperature control, filtration, etc.
- Modularized chemical reactors
- Bleach production and metering skids, designed to dilute, mix, treat, and deliver bleach to your process.
- Liquid level monitoring and pumping skids/rack-mounted systems for of hydrogen peroxide designed to seismic standards.
- Fermentation vessels, distillation columns, evaporators and filtration systems are all process functions that can be skid mounted.
- Small batch light-sensitive chemical process skids