Web Handling Training and Workshops
Try Our Unique Hands On Training Approach
Optimation’s web handling workshops provide students with a unique hands on experience, preparing them to solve web and conveyance problems that occur on their own lines. Our workshops have two dimensions: a classroom seminar explains the engineering principles behind each web process; a live lab demonstration proves the methods used to solve the common issues that arise in the field. Our workshops are designed for engineers and technicians at all levels. Each workshop addresses a unique web handling problem or principle.
For NYS Professional Engineers: Note that New York State professional development hour (PDH) credits can be earned by licensed Professional Engineers by taking our classes. These credits can be used to satisfy continuing education requirements for attendees to maintain their NYS Professional Engineering registration status. A student will receive 23 PDH credits for a three day class and 16 PDH credits for a two day class. If this is desired, let us know when you register.
Optimation offers workshops at our Media Conveyance Facility (MCF) in Rochester, NY and at the New College Institute (NCI) in Martinsville, VA, however we can come to you too! Contact Kevin Cole to schedule a workshop(s) at your location.
- MCF – 1600 Lexington Ave, Suite 102, Rochester, NY 14606
- NCI – 191 Fayette Street, Classroom 102, Martinsville, VA 24112
How to Enroll?
Review the current workshop schedule below and follow the link to register for the event.
|Event Title||Event Start Date||Event End Date||Number of Days|
|Web Handling Fundamentals||5/12||5/14||3|
|Web Handling Fundamentals||9/15||9/17||3|
Training Class List
Attend a workshop at the MCF based on your needs. Click on the following class summaries for details.
- Web Handling Fundamentals Workshop – presents the fundamentals of web handling; covers key concepts to optimize equipment and process designs; practical steps to eliminate waste from common problems and lab demonstrations to see web handling principles in action.
- Web Wrinkling Spreading Workshop – presents the process knowledge needed to eliminate buckling defects in spans between rollers (troughing) or on rollers (wrinkling).
- Nip Roller Workshop – shows how to improve your nipped roller process and equipment through a better understanding of the underlying engineering principles and design considerations of nipped rollers.
- Center Winding Workshop – shows how to improve your roll and web quality through a better understanding of the winding process, winder design, and roll measurements.
- Web Tension and Speed Control Workshop – Presents the fundamentals of dynamic machine tension control, drive tuning, tension control element calibrations, fundamentals of machine tension modeling, sources of dynamic machine tension losses.
- Roller Performance Workshop – presents techniques to reduce tension variations, slip, and scratching associated with poor roller performance.
Need a Workshop not on the Current Workshop Schedule?
If you have an interest in a class that is not currently on the current workshop schedule, we can accommodate. Please contact Kevin Cole at email@example.com.