Sheet Metal Journey Worker
Awareness of construction site, shop, and general safe practices is demanded.
Display a thorough knowledge reading, interpreting, layout, fabricating & installation / assembly from Blueprints, engineering drawings and sketches. Two-view, Three-view, Sectional, and Isometric drawings
- Precision fabrication – holding tolerances +/- thousandths
- Understand SMACNA HVAC Standards
- Operation of Shop equipment
o Press brake
o Punch press
o Metal Shear
o Drill press
o Square Notchers
o Turning machines
o Spot welder
o Stake bench
o Hand Brake
o Hand Box Brake
- Install HVAC duct, Fan rooms, Guards, Hoods, Plenums, Panels, and Machine air systems
- Metal types – Carbon steel, Galvanized, Galvanneal, Stainless steels, Aluminum
- Knowledge of Welding techniques
- Thorough knowledge of proper lubricants & fasteners
- Perform work in clean rooms, chemical process, production, food manufacturing sites, etc.
- Able to determine needed materials for necessary applications
- Work with & offer suggestions to project managers, engineers, clients, fellow tradesmen of all trades.
- Able to field measure all types of metal fabrications … duct, safety guarding, etc
- Knowledge of computer software programs including Excel, Word, Outlook Email… (ACAD, SolidWorks not necessary but a plus)
- Understand Sheet Metal layout – Round, Rectangular, Geometry, Triangulation, 3D
- Job estimating, planning, material ordering, fabrication, and installation.
- Multi-tasking – performing multiple jobs at one time
Required Skills: Must be physically able to perform the work of a Sheet Metal Mechanic: climb and work from heights, work in confined spaces and lift and/or move heavy objects. Will be required to work in hot and cold environments and in all weather conditions. Able to read and write in English. Possess basic computer and communication skills. Regular full-time employee. 40-hour schedule, days. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and occasional travel.