Senior Machine Designer
Optimation is seeking a Senior Machine Designer in its Rush, N.Y. office. The Senior Designer will provide cooperating machine design services to larger, multi-disciplined projects being executed by Optimation. Projects include new designs as well as upgrades.
Senior Machine Designer Responsibilities:
- Represent Optimation in communications with the client
- Provide the design team plan, labor estimate to deliver project design/drawing content.
- Create and maintain design standards for a given project
- Manage and administer drawing set for complex machine systems
- Perform calculations related to design development
- Apply a working knowledge of mechanics of materials
- Lead and manage the project machine design team.
- Provide marketing support and create design illustrations for sales efforts
- Develop rapport with clients’ organization, key people, sensitivities
- Be Willing to travel
- Work well with others, has strong soft skills and be a team player
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek
Associate Engineer (2 year college education) with 5 – 10 years of relevant machine design experience Proficient in current version of SolidWorks with a working knowledge of AutoCAD
Appropriate application of efficiency tools/parametric
Solid working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Excellent communication skills
Strong team player, works well with others
Ability to provide technical direction with respect to machine design work
Ability to controls machine design budgets and schedules