Electrical & Instrumentation Drafter
Optimation is seeking a Electrical and Instrumentation Drafter in its Rush, N.Y. office. The Drafter will provide detailed electrical and instrumentation designs for multi-disciplined projects being executed by Optimation. Projects include new designs as well as upgrades.
- Draft schematics, diagrams and layouts provided by senior designers and engineers
- Work with electrical design team to detail subsections of wiring systems.
- Maintain design standards established by code and by clients for a given project
- Create electrical drawing sets for chemical, food or pharmaceutical projects
- Provide panel layouts and fabrication drawings with the support of engineers
- Develop rapport with Optimation team and with clients’ organizations.
- Be willing to do occasional travel
- Work well with others and be a team player
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek
Associate Engineer (2 year college education) with 1 – 5 years of electrical or instrumentation design. Proficient in current version of AutoCAD
Excellent communication skills
Ability to receive technical direction with respect to electrical and instrumentation design work