Control Systems Engineer
Optimation is seeking a Control Systems Engineer in its Rush, N.Y. office. The Control Systems Engineer will provide control systems design and implementation design services to large, multi-disciplined projects being executed by Optimation. Projects include new designs as well as upgrades.
- Represent Optimation in communications with the client
- Provide the design team plan, labor estimate to deliver project design/drawing content.
- Create and maintain design standards for a given project
- Provide programming support for PLC and SCADA systems
- Be proficient in the use of Rockwell and Allen Bradley products
- Support systems for use in automated machines as well as process systems.
- Provide support for design and fabrication of control panels.
- Provide marketing support and estimates for sales efforts
- Develop rapport with clients’ organization, key people, sensitivities
- Be willing to travel
- Work well with others, has strong soft skills and be a team player
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek
Engineering degree (4 year college education) with 5 – 10 years of relevant controls experience
Proficient in current version of SolidWorks with a working knowledge of AutoCAD
Excellent communication skills
Strong team player, works well with others
Ability to provide technical direction with respect to control systems work
Ability to control project budgets and schedules for control systems work.