Two Optimation Engineers Recognized in Local Engineering Society
Congratulations to Jim Farnham, Director of Automation & Controls and to Peter Sherer, Senior Technical Sales Engineer, for being selected by the Rochester Engineering Society as Engineers of Distinction 2022!
Every year the Rochester Engineering Society selects an outstanding engineer or engineers from the community to honor as a “Rochester Engineer of Distinction” at their Annual Gala. The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding achievement in and contributions to the profession by engineers in the Rochester region and to promote the importance of engineering practice to society.
Candidates must be able to qualify for regular membership grade in the Rochester Engineering Society by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- Graduate of an ABET-accredited program in engineering, or engineering technology
- Graduate of an engineering or applied science curriculum with at least four years professional experience in engineering work
- New York State registration as a Professional Engineer
- Equivalent professional competence evidenced by unusual personal development and professional accomplishments (as determined by the Selection Committee).
- Candidate’s professional integrity shall be indisputable.
- Candidates shall have a strong record of engineering achievement that, viewed in total, demonstrates the individual’s exceptional, positive impact upon the profession.
- Candidate’s professional reputation shall extend beyond Rochester.
- Candidates shall have a strong record of engagement in community activities, for the betterment of the Rochester region and society.
Optimation not only had one, but two engineers recognized for this award.
Pete Sherer is a Technical Sales Engineer with 40 years of engineering experience, specializing in assisting prospective clients in defining, designing, constructing, installing, and commissioning cutting edge manufacturing systems that require one of a kind, specialty equipment engineered to meet specific business, process, and product objectives. Pete is adept at leading project teams through a scripted project execution process, called Phases and Gates, in a way that controls project cost and schedule constraints while managing project risks. His background in technical leadership as an engineering manager, and as a project engineering leader, has equipped him with the skills and experience to drive successful outcomes for solutions that require innovation and creativity.
Jim Farnham has over 27 years of experience in project management, conceptual design, project planning and estimating, software programming, process simulation, management of construction and installation, startup and debug, and commissioning. Currently, Jim is the Director of Automation and Controls at ReBuild: Optimation Technology, LLC. where he supervises a diverse 25-person team of electrical engineers and electrical designers. His accomplishments include but are not limited to; electrical startup lead for a green field glass batch plant, electrical lead for a $14MM expansion of an existing glass batch plant, and remediation and development of a large pharmaceutical implementation.
Congratulations to both Jim and Pete on their incredible accomplishments throughout their careers! We are honored to have them as part of the Optimation and Re:Build Manufacturing team!