The international pharmaceutical industry must comply with strict government standards and industry regulations. The industry also faces challenges regarding higher drug prices, product quality, efficiency, and time to market.
Since the start of the digital era, automation has simplified these problems and helped life science and pharmaceutical companies maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements. Let’s dive deeper into pharmaceutical automation: what it is, what services it includes, and the benefits of partnering with an expert robotic system integrator.
What Is Pharmaceutical Automation?
Pharmaceutical automation is the process of using robotics to manufacture pharmaceutical products. Robots perform repetitive tasks, reduce the risk of human error, and streamline existing processes. Some of these processes include serialization, medicine development, anti-counterfeiting, assembly, packaging, and sorting. Automating these tasks helps drive down drug costs for patients and production costs for pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Pharmaceutical Automation Services
Pharmaceutical automation services simplify every step of the manufacturing process, from product development to mass production. Using identification and sensor technology, pharmaceutical companies can easily and cost-effectively monitor their operations to maintain compliance.
These automation services have also pioneered the discovery of new medicines. Patients not only benefit from lower drug costs but also newer, cutting-edge medicine. In the future, pharmaceutical automation will continue to integrate product development and manufacturing processes. Data collected from sensors will help operators develop the next stages of pharmaceutical automation.
Optimation’s Pharmaceutical Automation Process & Experience
Automated pharmaceutical and life sciences manufacturing can reduce America’s reliance on offshore pharmaceutical operations, which may not meet the quality standards and compliance regulations of this country.
Optimation works with leading U.S. pharmaceutical companies, providing support for their quality control and manufacturing operations. We deliver custom-designed automation equipment so that our partners can produce safe, reliable, and effective products for their customers. We also offer superior manufactured systems and testing capabilities to ensure pharmaceutical companies can achieve maximum efficiency and provide life-saving solutions.
Here are just some of the benefits of pharmaceutical automation by Optimation:
- Increased efficiency: Because robots can perform repetitive tasks without tiring, they can easily achieve 24-hour production cycles.
- Enhanced precision: Once programmed, robots can weigh, blend, and tablet solids or stir and fill liquids with ease. Handling these tasks for manual workers reduces the risk of human error and increases accuracy.
- Reduced contamination: Less human involvement also means less risk of product contamination.
- Cost savings: Although the initial cost of automated systems may be high, these systems provide an excellent return on investment. Robotic integration not only improves product quality but also saves on energy and production costs over time.
- Traceable data & analytics: Automating manufacturing allows companies to maintain an accurate, real-time database of every step, from material acquisition to final delivery. Advanced data analytics technology can also anticipate market trends and make accurate forecasts.
Contact Us to Start Your Pharmaceutical Automation Solution
In such a fast-growing sector, it’s necessary to stay apprised of the latest changes occurring within the pharmaceutical industry. To learn more about pharma automation and our other robotic integration solutions, contact us today.